Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Prayer tomorrow

I hope you all are getting your books and preparing to meet together next week. I am not sure what format our meetings will follow, but I am trusting that God knows. I confess I am a control freak--it's tempting for me to formulate an action plan for our time together, but the words "patience" and "peace" have been on my heart, so I'm trying my best to not be anxious and let the Spirit lead.

We will be having a little prayer meeting tomorrow night in preparation for our first meeting next week. Everyone is welcome. 7 P.M. at Scooters coffee house in Andover.

This stood out to me tonight and I thought I'd share...

"I am a follower of Jesus, and maybe following looks different for each of us. Maybe some of us run and some of us skip and some of us mosey around and walk in circles for awhile and some of us take two steps forward and forty steps back. Maybe some of us just sit down and think for awhile, and come up with a hell of a lot of questions."
Glennon, Momastery blog

4 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law gave me that book for Christmas. I wish I could meet with you on Thursday nights. I'm excited to follow along on here, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie. We miss you guys already. You'll be with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quote above, as I believe that each of us have our own very special & unique journey with our Lord. We are very bleesed that he is so paitent with us, and welcomes us with open arms when we are ready to listen, trust and recieve his unending love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, you are the best! PATIENT is my word this week. You are so right.

    ReplyDelete