"Thankfulness opens the door to My presence...Thankfulness is built on a substructure of trust. When thankful words stick in your throat, you need to check up on your foundation of trust...See how many times you can thank me daily; this will awaken your awareness to a multitude of blessings. It will also cushion the impact of trials when they come against you. Practice my Presence by practicing the discipline of thankfulness." July 24, Jesus Calling
There's a lot to absorb in today's devotional on thankfulness. I shudder to think of the days that I choose to ignore the many gifts from God and instead focus on petty inconveniences or trials.
A prayer of contentment from Proverbs 30 (The Message):
And then he prayed, "God, I'm asking for two things
before I die; don't refuse me—
Banish lies from my lips
and liars from my presence.
Give me enough food to live on,
neither too much nor too little.
If I'm too full, I might get independent,
saying, 'God? Who needs him?'
If I'm poor, I might steal
and dishonor the name of my God."
We are oftentimes so FULL of food, stuff, busyness etc. that we don't perceive our need for Him. Let us remember our great need and turn to Him in thankfulness and trust today.
No comments:
Post a Comment