I was reminded of a couple of things this week. First, a friend suggested that obedience to God might be more important than seeing where He is leading me and how He is working. Sure, we can see and be grateful for A LOT. However, there is much we don't see and don't understand. Our role as children of God is not to know all, but to trust fiercely.
Second, I was encouraged by a sweet new friend. She wrote me a card and just made my day with her kind words. Sometimes it seems like our actions are small, but we never know how we are impacting someone else.
I am having one of "those" weeks where I am just feeling more emotional than usual and losing my temper easily with my family. I love this from today's entry in Jesus Calling.
"Do not miss the joy of my Presence by carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. Rather, take my yoke upon you and learn from Me. My yoke is comfortable and pleasant; my burden is light and easily borne."
No comments:
Post a Comment