Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rest in Me, my child

I am seeing things with new eyes, are you? I am so thankful for this season of seeing things a *bit* more clearly, because I know that it is a gift.

One thing I have been doing is trying to pick one word to meditate on during the day from the reading in Jesus Calling. I might think about the word Presence or the word Peace. The effect of that is that I see my experiences through a different lens. I need this! What other ways can we apply the readings to our day?

Today's reading begins with the line, "Rest in me, my child." Do we even need to read on :)? Isn't that enough to meditate on for the rest of our lives?

As I went through the week I felt a new and welcome calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment