Receive. This is not a word we often associate with our relationship with Jesus. Many times, we think in terms of what we can give to him.
What have you received from Christ today?
My kids have been out of school for a month, and we are reaching that point of the summer where there is a lot of togetherness. This can be good and healthy, but it can also be exhausting when it involves a 6, 4 and 2 year-old. Tempers flare, fights ensue, and there are not many opportunities to be alone to regroup.
I need to be in a position to receive from Christ. I need it desperately. I know many others who need it also. I need his guidance, peace and joy.
From today's entry of Jesus Calling:
"Open your hands and your heart to receive this day as a precious gift from Me. I begin each day with a sunrise, announcing my radiant Presence. By the time you rise from your bed, I have already prepared the way before you."
No comments:
Post a Comment