I have a lot of regrets, don't you? As I sought a quiet moment on the couch this morning, I listened to one of my favorite versions of the song "How He Loves Us" by John Mark McMillan (the Kim Walker version, look it up on youtube). The line that stood out to me was "I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about the way he loves us".
Time. We don't have time! Attending three funerals in the last six months, two of which were for young friends, has reminded me of how short our time is here on earth. Let's make the best use of it, not wasting time on maintaining (definition: to cause or enable a condition or state of affairs to continue) regrets.
Today's entry from Jesus Calling also reminds us not to fear. Isn't that why we maintain regrets? Because we fear that they define us, or we wonder what we are without them? Isaiah 41:13 says "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
p.s. Have you read your entry yet? That is, the entry on your birthday? My mother-in-law Julie told me at prayer last night that she read all of our family's birthday entries and that they fit us to a tee. She was right!!
When we REALLY open our eyes & hearts to Jesus, we are given an amazing peace in our lives. No matter how challenging, fearful, and hurting some events in our lives may be you know you are not alone, he is ALWAYS there, and always has a purpose for everything. What once was fear, seems much more distant, maybe a blessing in disguise.
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend : "Blessings" by Laura Story
It's a very powerful song if you listen closely to the lyrics.
Enjoy!